Etude House Pink Wish Tree Christmas Review

By heylinni - 5:03 PM

And here is the review for the November Pink Box! This is a particularly good one because it's full of Christmas items, with a great cause as you will find out soon :D 
So Etude House has currently got a really sweet campaign called the 'Pink Wish Tree', which is a limited Edition Christmas collection. It opened on November 15th and it's your chance to do a little something to help people in other countries. It actually supports the 'Save the Children's School Me' program run to help send girls to school. Save the School is an international humanitarian and development NGO working independently of race, religion and political ideology in over 120 countries to fulfil children's rights. 'School me' is a project that aims to provide educational opportunities for girls in 4 African countries: Sierra Leone, Liberia, the Republic of Cote d'Ivre and Uganda. There are young girls in these countries without the right resources to be educated as they have other responsibilities such as domestic duties, early marriage and also poverty. 
So first of all, where do you come into this program? Well Etude House is collaborating with Save the Children in two ways involving YOU!

For every product that you purchase, involved in this campaign, 100 Korean Won is donated. This is equivalent to around 1AUD. Although it might not seem much at first, put it in perspective. Etude House probably sells tens of thousands of products per month, so this 1 dollar contribution accumulates to a hefty sum. 
For those who have an Etude House store near you, you can also make offline donations by signing on a paper card you receive, which will allow an additional donation of 1AUD to be made as well. Plus, for every Pink Wish Tree product you buy, you'll also receive a pink wish band, shown later on in this post. 
If you are interested in more information about this campaign, I strongly advise you to check out their campaign video as well, which can be found here.
Now let's move onto the review of the products!
Ok, so here is the Pink Wish band that I was talking about earlier. I've been seeing these types of bands around a lot recently. I think they are becoming pretty popular since I saw them in abundance in Sportsgirl the other day :P 
I got two really cute ones. They are pinkish and teal blue with a metallic sheen. They come with the Pink Wish Tree card to sign, as an offline donation. 
It's got good elasticity and is a quality product for tying hair back :) I love the teal colour, but both of them reflect a light, pastel version of Christmas and are perfect little fillers for Christmas stockings.
(haha I tried to find Christmas gear, but didn't have anything that wasn't like 10 million layers of heat, so I've just got the red and green bows)

Next items in the box are very much the main feature! Etude House kindly sent me a Pink Wish Tree Precious Mineral Any cushion, which is one of their most featured products in the past year with many versions being released. They've also sent a Kissful Lip Care box with 3 amazing lip balms (this was my favourite product in the box!) 

So firstly, the Precious Mineral Any Cushion. I'm sure you've already heard heaps about this particular product from me, since I reviewed the Magic Any cushion version and also the Lock'n Summer version, but this is their repackaged Christmas Pink Wish Tree edition. It's a very cute green with little subtle christmas tree's patterning the exterior. The Precious Mineral Any Cushion has been a huge innovation from Etude House in the past year, because it's basically base makeup in a sponge format, which is extremely strange! It's very moist and compact, but runs the risk of drying out quite easily. 
It's a perfect all-rounder functioning cushion for all-day radiant and moist skin. It has multi-functions of brightening, wrinkle-reducing, sebum control and flawless coverage. There is about 100mL of product within this compact and I think it's pretty chunky to carry around. The Precious Mineral Any Cushion comes in 2 shades, with different coloured compacts. I received the W13 shade, which is the darker tone. The other compact is a red colour, containing N02, which is a bright and lighter shade for whiter skin tones. 
I love the convenience and compactness of this product and how everything fits snugly inside the container. You push the button to open it and it contains a mirror on the underside of the lid, a powder puff on top and then by lifting another lid inside, we are able to access the actual cushion. 
The powder puff, as I have said before, is a great quality with firm and absorbent texture. It's kind of like that swimming costume material rather than cotton :)
I really love this shade on me. I think it's still SLIGHTLY lighter than my natural skin tone so it'll brighten and whiten up my skin a little, without being too over the top. Plus, you can blend it in really well to make it seem much more natural (the below pic is without blending). It's very moisturising and comfortable to wear, without being too heavy or oily on the skin. 
The only slight issue I've ever found with these cushions is that it's difficult to get a lot of the product onto the powder puff itself, especially after you've used the cushion for a long time. However, this also assures that you're not caking your face in this makeup, so I guess it can act as a form of makeup control. 

Ok, moving onto the Kissful Lips Set. This is the one I was most excited about when I saw it in the box. It's a set of three lip balms, with the most yummy sounding flavours. What's perfect about this is that I'm heading on vacation soon and my mum was asking me for lip balms to ensure that we didn't get chapped, dry lips in the cold weather in China/Japan/Korea. That was the night before I received this box andI hadn't any great lip balms then, but luckily for me, Etude House now sent me THREE :') They consist of Peach, Strawberry and Cherry. They're in a lovely Christmas theme as well, so they look extra special on the outside. I highly recommend getting this product ahahha. You can see my excitement in receiving them. 
The gold packaging is Peach, the green is strawberry and the pink is cherry. They are all perfect and delicious smelling and ughhh <3 
I didn't make any swatches of these three because despite being different stick shades, they don't actually have any colour effects on your lips. They are completely clear and instead, just make the lips nice and moisturised and refreshed. 
The Peach stick is by far my favourite. It smells just like that Tony Moly peach handcream, except you use it for your lips, so it's just like tasting sweet peaches. It's SUPER YUMMY :D The Strawberry stick is less strong and smells more normal, in that it's just sweet and standard lip balm smelling. I can't really tell that it's strawberry flavour but it still smells really good :) And finally, the Cherry lip balm is also decently pleasing. I usually hate cherry flavoured things because they remind me of medicine but people who like Cherry flavour will love this. It reminds me of Dr Pepper because it's sweet but it's still got that sharp cherry scent. 
They are very easy to apply and extremely moisturising, as I have said before. The texture of the stick is quite hard rather than creamy, but there is a definite feel of moisture after applying. It is a little but oily as well, but that'll be more suitable to protect against harsh weather and avoid chapped lips. 

Finally, I also received 3 very Christmas-themed nail polishes from their Play nail polish collection, which has like over 300 shades. These three are #330 Christmas Socks, #331 Christmas tree star and #329 Christmas carols  (from left to right). I love that Etude House sent me one solid base colour and two more sparkly shades for top layer embellishment! They are super cute and very festive ^_^
From my experience, Etude House's Play nail polishes are great because they dry so quickly! Furthermore, they often only require about 1 coat to look good on the nail, which is useful when you're in a rush to go out. I think that they chip quite easily though, which can be a problem for those who like long-lasting nail polish. 
The two sparkly nail shades are interesting because they aren't as opaque as you might see in their bottles. Instead, when applying, it should be for adding sparkle on top of another chosen colour. You can see what I mean in the swatches below. 

This has probably been one of my favourite Etude House Pink boxes to date! I particularly like that they're promoting for a cause and that you can do something to help out with people less fortunate whilst also buying yourself some amazing beauty products :) 

If you are interested in the reviewed products, you can find them all at this link: 


The Precious Mineral Any Cushion is $18.00, the Kissful Lips Set is a totally affordable $12.00 and the Play nails are around $2-3. So definitely, each product is a steal as usual and perfect for the Christmas season as gifts for friends and family :)

Thanks for reading!! I'm off on my flight to Asia tomorrow -- so excited! 

xx Heylinni 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Please remember to like my Facebook page for daily updates about my blog!!


♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Go shopping for Kfashion with Heylinni!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

26 replies

  1. These products are so cute!! The Christmas theme is also so cute! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous you received this! I love all the products there! I love the cause of the products too!

    Jessie @ bijou-heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah, but they're super affordable to buy online as well :)

      Delete
  3. So cuteeeeeee!!!


    Great box of surprises.


    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great box with a lot of benefits!!
    Love,Jenny
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. those "powder puffs" are air puffs so they're quite different from normal powder puffs~ hmm i heard you have to clean them often too so maybe it works better after cleansing them? ^_^
    those lip balms are super cute :-; i want haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perhaps? I like the texture of them though, they're really light and absorbent in comparison to normal powder puffs. These ones act like sponges :P

      Delete
  7. i love that etude house is sharing some love by helping girls from Africa. its always great to give back!

    Chie | The Brown Eyed Fox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Etude House has the cutest packaging! Thanks for sharing.

    Ellie | wunderstar

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Etude house & I am glad that it is doing something good for kids who aren't privileged. Great blog & would you like to follow each other
    on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin? Lemme know & lets keep in touch!



    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, sounds good ^_^ but we alreayd follow each other

      Delete
  10. Love this!

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    My fave: http://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=6735922&pid=uid7441-25962271-17

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh ur soo cute! such a cute box btw, great idea for as present! I'll take a look at it hehe :3

    www.acyhoz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! SO CUTE! Etude House must be made by angels or something.
    http://littlegrimoire.com/blog

    ReplyDelete