Etude House Sweet Recipe Candy Stick (Orange) by Cosmetic-Love

By heylinni - 7:30 PM

Today's post is a review for the Etude House Sweet Recipe Candy Stick, kindly sent to me by Cosmetic-Love.com. I'll talk about both the service received from the online shop as well as the product itself, giving my personal opinion on it :)

Cosmetic-Love is a pretty big online shop that deals with Korean beauty products mainly. They sell heaps of genuine and recognised brands in Korea such as Laneige, Etude House, Tony Moly, Missha, Skinfood, innisfree, The Face Shop and more. This allows international fans of k-beauty to purchase products from the top brands. They also share information and updates on various social networking sites, so it might be worth your while to check them out and follow them if you wish (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Blogger)
Currently, Cosmetic-Love is having a huge sale with discounts on every item! Furthermore, their original prices aren't even too expensive so it's a good place to stock up if your on a budget. The site is very easy to navigate and there are lots of easy ways to get free things (reward program, blogger opportunities, with every purchase and poll rewards!) 

Honestly, it took a while to get this product to me, but luckily, they emailed me beforehand to notify me of delays so at least I was prepared for it. A great thing to note about shipping is that economy shipping is free worldwide and they post 1 business day after receiving payment. Personally, I love anything that has free shipping so this is a giant positive for me. 
I was super pleased with the condition that the product came in. It was really well protected; bubble wrap and foam pieces! In addition, I was sent all these little samples which I was very happy about and have used by now :) Just a little heads up, the skinfood cream smells reaally nice and brightens well, whilst the super aqua cream is moisturising and lasts for a long time on the skin. Plus, you receive a nice, bright business card of theirs which really attracts me to their website.
But that's enough of the samples. We must move on to the featured product of this post: the Sweet Recipe Candy Stick! This was part of Etude House's Sweet Recipe collection a while ago, which focussed on lovely, yummy-looking cosmetics that reminded consumers of candy! This was probably my favourite collection because it combines two things I love: food and makeup !

The Sweet Recipe Candy Stick is $7.54 on Cosmetic-Love site and comes in 3 different flavours: Strawberry, Orange and Lemon. In the picture below, you can see the different swatches and read some more information on the products (but only if you can read Korean. Otherwise, like me, just enjoy the pretty pictures).

I chose the Orange flavour because I wanted something that would really stand out, and be that happy medium between the strawberry and lemon shades. It came to me heavily protected with bubble wrap and I must say, the packaging is SO cute! Etude House is pretty well-known for their adorable packaging and they do not disappoint here! The candy cane shape is very sweet and perfectly reflects that Sweet Recipe theme of the collection. 
To use this lip stick, you've just got to pop off that top cap and screw the bottom of the stick to push the lip tint out. The actual stick of lip product is not very interesting. It's just flat at the top and the colour of the chosen flavour.
SO, I WAS originally going to do a little makeup tutorial on 'how to do tinted lips' with this candy stick, BUT after taking the photos, I realised they were heaps blurry and so I couldn't compile them nicely into a clear tutorial. SORRRRRYYY~~~ But maybe if I start a Youtube Channel (which I'm thinking of doing soon; please let me know if you think this is a good idea/ if you'd even watch my vids in the comments below), I'll definitely do this tutorial again :D

But here are some nice pictures of my journey to tinted lips using the Etude House Sweet Recipe Candy Stick in Orange:

1. So firstly, I concealed my lips using a DiorSkin Sculpt concealer. You can also conceal lips using proper nude lipstick or even the Etude House Cotton Fit BB Cream which I've seen some bloggers do (and it works really well!)

2. Then I used the Sweet Recipe Candy Stick as a BASE colour for my lips. I applied it carefully and not just all over my lips. In fact, I left the corners of the upper lip nude to achieve an Angelababy lip look. This is so my mouth appears smaller, but more full and emphasises on cupid bow lips.

(On a side note, this is why I need Youtube and videoes. It's so difficult to explain the method to achieving this look!)

3. Then, finally, I used a red lipstick and applied it to ONLY the inner parts of my lips. This is the key part of achieving tinted lips. I blended the two colours by dabbing the red with my fingers and spreading it outwards. Also, to finish add a layer of clear lipgloss so your lips don't look too dry from all that product on it!


So overall thoughts on this product? There are a ton of good points on this lip stick, but there are also a few little things that I didn't really love.
Here are the ratings I would give:

Effect ♥︎♥︎♥︎
The effect of the candy stick was really nice in that it moisturises the lips and smelt just like oranges. I  really liked that natural sheen it gave me as well, however it didn't appear to be as bright as the stock photo and it doesn't stand out as much as I'd like it to.

Application ♥︎♥︎
This is the true downfall of the product. At first, I was super happy with this since everything functioned properly. But the actual application is quite faint and after a few times of using it, the stick no longer winds back down again. Instead I have to push the makeup part back into the tube now, and that really gets me grossed out because I hate touching lip products with my hands for fear of the lipstick getting dirty.

Packaging  ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎
I ADORE the packaging! What more can I say about it? It's so cute and sweet looking :)

Price ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎
I find this product really cheap, as Etude House products generally are. Plus, right now there is a 10% discount on it at the Cosmetic-Love site which makes it even more affordable.

Overall ♥︎♥︎♥︎
The Candy Stick was pretty great and I'd use it daily, however I'm not sure if I'd opt to buying this again, since I have experienced quite a few problems with it :(
But I've had a great experience with Cosmetic-Love and I'm very glad that they chose to send me this product. They're a wonderfully ranged store where I'm sure you can find anything to suit your beauty needs :) Thank you for sponsoring me! 

Yup, so that's it! Thanks for reading~~

xx Heylinni
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please remember to like my Facebook page for daily updates about my blog!!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Also, please be sure to check out my online shop

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

36 replies

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really good on you! And I def think you should start a YT channel! I just started one, too :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review Rachel! Thanks for the review! You're so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the review honey! i think that a YT channel is a great idea, too! i'd definitely watch that :)

    http://frozen-mammoth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay ! can't wait, hope you'll watch my vids ahah xD

      Delete
  5. i have this as well! the yellow one and i have the same problem (as well), the thing won't go back down. I have to literally push it back with my lips or finger, and last time i pushed it back, i totally broke it :( it still useable though. I love this, i have a review for it! but after some time, when the sheen is gone, it can be quite drying. Thanks for the review!!

    btw i followed you on bloglovin' (last time u commented on my post) and i honestly have no idea how to use bloglovin' so yea....?

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well thank you! i hate that it won't go down! apart from that, the shade is so nice and the scent is amazing

      Delete
  6. Thanks a lot for the nice review honey! You look so sweet! ^^

    ❤ ✿ VISIT MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this product so many times and really wanted to try it, but I think I had enough of lipsticks that you have to push the make up back after some time of use, it happened to my Tony Moly Petit Bunny Gloss Bar T_T. So I usually push it against my lips, so I dont have to touch it! Your make up looks so clean and I don't know, just awesome, haha.

    Neko Bunny U=・ x ・=U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm that's actually a good idea to deal with it xD Thanks for reading ahah, i changed my makeup style

      Delete
  8. I really hate it when I have to push the stick back down manually. Ick factor major.

    kawaiipinkuu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A youtube channel sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this product for a while and wanted to try it. But after reading the issues you had (mainly the application of it), I think I'll pass~ But I love how mini tutorial on tinted lips. Although I understood your written instructions, I agree that it's hard to explain in words. So I personally think it's a great idea to start your own youtube channel! :D Anyways, thanks for the lovely post!

    Check out my blog: Snow Queen Secrets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay hope you'll watch my vids then, ill do a vid tutorial for this one ;D

      Delete
  11. Really nice shade and the lipstick itself is so cute too :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks good on you dear :) love the packaging too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The color is so pretty it's such a shame it doesn't wind down! btw, i followed you ^_^ hope you could follow back!

    http://19th-tealeaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been debating whether to get EH products so keep these review coming. The packaging is so adorable, I would buy it for that reason alone.

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay, look forwards to my pink box review from etude house :D

      Delete
  15. Nice review! I bought one today and experienced the problem most bloggers experienced with it...it gets stuck. I guess I have to roll the bottom part when the little part of the gloss won't reach my lips anymore. Haha. But I like it though because it just gives me a subtle tint. I can use it even at home. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, that's really frustrating :( but yeah, the scent is awesome as well!

      Delete
  16. Wow this product is so cool, and you wrote a really good and detailed review! I would definitely watch your videos if you made a youtube channel. I really really like the concept behind this product!
    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    www.mysweetestdisposition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!!! :) This makes me feel more confident about Youtube :)

      Delete
  17. Do a makeup tutorial please!! I think you're so pretty *.*

    ReplyDelete
  18. aaaww~
    you're so cute and beautiful, darling!

    XOXO

    http://www.phieselphie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete