Kawaii International Contest: Alice in Wonderland inspired shoot

By heylinni - 4:40 PM

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Hey everyone! For those who keep up with my Twitter or Facebook, you'll know that I have been having blogging block, hence the lack of posts. I've been trying to keep up with a heap of assignments and simply could not think of anything to write about without having to retake some new photos. Luckily, I remembered that a couple of weeks ago, I had taken some awesome Alice in Wonderland inspired photos with my good friend, Rosie (she's a great photographer!) 

This set was taken to enter into the Kawaii.I contest. This is SO IMPORTANT to me because it gives me the chance to become a prospective Kawaii Leader, meaning that I might get a chance to go to Japan in the future and film with Kawaii International, just like the 5 Kawaii Leaders did last year. If you've read my About page, you'll know that that has been a dream of mine since I started this blog, except I never thought it was possible. Now that they're having a contest, I just HAD to enter and give it a go. I know chances are very slim since there are so many amazing entries, but hey, can't hurt to try right? 

I wanted to submit something that was 'kawaii' but also a little more toned-down and natural, which is more my style. So definitely like a 'natural-kawaii'. I also wanted to incorporate my favourite thing of all, Alice in Wonderland! So I found this cute, blue collared dress with puffy sleeves online, and added some Alice-y accessories. 

The main point of my look was the dress so I didn't want to over-accessorise and draw attention away form that. I found the blue colour so vibrant and beautiful, so the jewellery and hair stuff I did pair with this outfit are more neutral (except for the floral headband lol oops). The dress itself is very light and feminine. It's got a lace trimming at the bottom and the collar is attached. The puffy sleeves create a slimming look for your upper arms, whilst the high waist line helps the legs look longer and the torso shorter so it creates an anime-like effect. I like that the skirt ends a little above the knee, so it avoids being too revealing, whilst not looking too traditional either. The fact that it isn't too short mimics Alice's style perfectly, because that is a more classic novel. 
My makeup is very natural with emphasis on enlarging the eyes. I lightened my skin a lot using Etude House's Cotton Fit BB Cream in N02 shade. The effect of the straight, korean-style eyebrows is to exude an aura of innocence and sweetness, which is supported by the coral-y lip. For my eyes, I've applied a thicker line of eyeliner on the top lid with subtle wings. By applying dark contour shade on the bottom of the eye, you create aegyosals which can enhance that cute youthful look. (But be careful of putting too much, because you'll look like you have dark circles) 
For my hairstyle, I've applied a slight wave so it creates these romantic looking locks. It's a bit messy to match that environment I'm in and being at one with the nature haha. I used two different hair accessories in this shoot. Firstly, was the floral headband, which I felt was really pretty because the bright pink of the flowers contrasted, yet complemented the blue of the dress. It's an interesting contrast so I think that it worked quite well. The second hair accessory I used was the kitty ear headband. This is one of my favourites because it can basically go with anything due to the silver colour. It's dotted with these pearls (fake ofc) and makes you look like you've got cat ears. They stand out and it looks like I've mixed the characters of Alice and the Cheshire cat ahah. 
In terms of shoes, I'm just wearing these white, neutral platforms from Lipstick shoes. These are a pair of my faves at the moment, because they are sooo comfortable, yet the platform makes the look really good. Remember that flatforms always make you look like you have longer legs, so at the moment, they are of the craze in lots of Asian countries. They're very easy to put on because they have straps, and it just feels like I'm walking in thongs when I wear them (though heavy thongs). (And Americans, when I say thongs, I mean flip-flops). 

Not much else to discuss, so here are the rest of the photos: 
Oh yeah, photography tip. Shoot from a low angle to make your legs look longer !
This photo is from my Instagram :)
And finally, these two pics. Okay, here's where we relate back to the Kawaii International contest! These are my two entries, which I sincerely hope you can go to the link below and vote for me. All you have to do is have a Facebook account, like the Kawaii International page and vote for my photo! It would seriously mean so much to me if you did!! 

The link to vote for me is here: http://woobox.com/hwshjp/vote/for/3517434

It would mean the world to me if you did. :')

At the moment, I'm coming third lol more like 33rd, but hopefully you can support me, share the link on your blogs/to your friends. I'll try to come up with an awesome giveaway after this comp so I can properly thank you guys for voting for me :)

Keep it up!

xx Heylinni 

P.S Also, only 21 hours until my GIVEAWAY FOR THE JUNE KAWAII BOX ends! Make sure you've entered by clicking on this post here!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please remember to like my Facebook page for daily updates about my blog!!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Also, please be sure to check out my online shop

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

83 replies

  1. Pictures are so pretty, you're really cute!
    I love lice in wonderland, it's one of my favorite story :3
    I vote for you on facebook ;) Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. naww you cutie! hope you win girl!

    -Miss Sennnaa
    BLOG: http://miss-sennnaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks senna! But I'm pretty sure I won't now lol. So grateful for everyone who helped me out though :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! I voted. You look adorable!! Good-luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a perfect alice in wonderland look with all those cards and mirror
    Happy Sunday
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautidiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so cute..!!!!! good luck with the contest... =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Linni!! You are SOOO Sweet looking dear!! Such a doll!! I will for sure vote for you <3 Your theme is adorable and I love that you have a more natural kawaii style. Your eyes are so large and dolly!!


    ChocoKittieHK holidays
    xoxoxo, Cindy⭐︎☽

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so pretty!
    Lovely pics!
    I voed with pleasure:Jens Ken Lundstrom
    Good luck my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a cute outfit! I love the dress and the accessories you picked to represent Alice :) Specially the flower head piece. Good luck in the contest!!! I already went to the Facebook page and liked your picture with my personal account Milu Franz. I really like your blog so I also liked your Fb page :) I invite you to visit my blog and if you like it I would love if we could follow each other.
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's so lovely of you :)

      Delete
  9. The dress is so cute! And I love the pictures :)
    I shared the blog post on Twitter^^

    xoxo, GeeklyGirl
    https://iamsuchageeklygirl.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. good luck on the contest! hopefully, you'll remember to follow me back like you said on one of my blog post ^^

    http://uhhsandy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwe~ ish!! Such an adorable outfit with the best props too!! :D loove it! Oh my gosh, that'd be totally awesome for a trip to Japan and for a photoshoot! :) Voted! Good luck! X

    Chic Nikkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah yes that would be the dream, but there are many other deserving entrants :) Just hope I'll be luckier next year because I don't think I'll get it this year :P

      Delete
  12. This was such a great idea! Think your choice of outfit really gives you a boost because you've chosen something that you really like and hasnt really been done before which is quite original compared to some of the other entries which most of are just wearing lolita..... which isnt really unique anymore because there are alot of people doing it! I really hope you win this! Your deserve it more than anything! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayla! I'd love to win, but seems unlikely D:

      Delete
  13. So cute! I really love that headband, I definitely need that!

    May from La vie en May

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello beautiful, this outfit is really amazing! I've always been fascinated with Alice in Wonderland and I think that your outfit really captures the pretty whimsy of that tale :P I love the dress but I must admit that I'm most obsessed with your platform shoes-- I've become increasingly intrigued by so-called "ugly shoes" lately like Birkenstocks but have yet to get my first pair! Also creepers have started to, dare I say it, 'creep' onto my radar!

    Btw I liked your post on FB, hope you win and wish you all the best!

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair....I'm so jealous :'( Sooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so cute! I love your hair color and the your eyebrows. ^.^

    Check out my blog ♡ http://mxrikx.blogspot.com/ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute! Btw, I just followed your blog :)

    http://imaginarymi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl, you blog is awesome and you look so pretty! Love your shoes:) x
    Thanks for your comment, I followed you via Bloglovin. Hope you'll do the same
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8185341

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice post. :)
    Thank you for your lovely comment. :) Just let us know, where (GFC, Bloglovin, Twitter) you are following us, and we follow you back. :)

    P&P style ❤ ☯ ☮ --- DIY --- fashion --- and more --- ☮ ☯ ❤

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a cute and adorable outfit. You look so so pretty girl. Lovely blog here anyway. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I would love to x

      Delete
    2. Thx bunches Rachel, just followed back #345 Keep in touch honey, happy weekend.

      Delete
  21. This is so cute ><!
    I voted for you~ and a new follower btw!
    Your blog is sah kawaii (✿ ♥‿♥)
    I love how you are girly but also an otaku *O*
    Hope you win the contest~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! hahah, hope you enjoy reading my blog :)

      Delete
  22. you are soo cute! i love this outfit! of course we can follow each other - I am following you on google+, GFC and bloglovin!
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You just took me in a fairytale. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. sounds like a brilliant contest hope you win. i recently got into cosplay, still trying to perfect my costume :)

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow cosplay is awesome! I really want to get into it soon as well at the end of the year

      Delete
  25. you look beautiful :)
    you have a very interesting and sweet blog!
    greetings from Polish; * jointly follow? :)
    ayuna-chan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. So beautiful.love the dress
    You look very stunning
    Wanna follow each other on gfc & bloglovin
    Let me know
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those cat ears are adorable!
    Thanks for the comment back on my blog as well ♥
    Joined your blog, and I'm going to follow you on Bloglovin'.

    ♥ http://ahappinessundefined.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look so cute <3 loving your shoes and the cat ears ^^
    and thank you for commenting on my blog (:
    Followed <3

    Roxy♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Omg you look marvelous. Adorable Alice in Wonderland style :)

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. omo! Best of luck to you! I'm sure win or lose the experience is still something ^.^ Followed you on GFC! <3

    xoxo
    Strawberry Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  31. You look so cute! I will vote for you once I get on a computer that doesn't have FB blocked :3

    http://bubbleteapanda.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look awesome!
    Happy weekend dear!

    XX
    www.floortjeloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is fantastic! Love the dress and the way you have styled it. Hope you win! :)
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. so cute :) love the ears :)
    check out my rings haul at www.lovefromsimmie.com :)
    stay pretty xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. hello beauty!!
    I`m first time in your blog and I must to tell you that is AWESOME!!
    Tell me what about follow each other? Let mek now if you atart then I`ll follow back!
    keep in touch and have a great day hun!!
    xoxo from Spain
    http://thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely dear, nice outfit :)

    Xxx Cécile
    http://sapetoibien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I saw your photos in the contest before I read this post , and I thought the pictures where lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. you look so cute <3<3
    i already follow your blog.. Please follback.. thank you ^^

    loveellentan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. You look really pretty, loved the make up. Would you like to follow
    each other on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin to keep in touch with
    each other? Lemme know & take care!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  40. omg~~ so pretty... you really look like a alice
    i really love your hair color <3
    good luck dear :)

    My Blog: Lina Paramita

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi dear,
    thanks a lot for your lovely comment :)
    Of course, we can follow each other! I follow now on Bloglovin, hope you follow back :)

    Have a nice day
    x Maria ♥
    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi dear! Beautiful post,your blog it’s gorgeous! <3
    There is new post on my blog:
    http://peaceloveandvintagesite.blogspot.it/2014/07/daisies.html

    What do you think about supporting each other by funning? 
    If you are interested,so please let me know or just me and I will fan you back! ;)
    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  43. You look totally cute girl ah xx
    Everything about these pictures are perfect!

    honnetatemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. you are sooo cute and lovelyyy !!!!
    very in love with you and your dress =)
    wannabe friend with following each other? tell me =)
    xo

    melodyofmywords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. The dress is really cute! Like Alice in Wonderland hehe
    You look really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  46. OH MY GOSH!!! What a cute blog and you are so pretty! This looks so fun and you can even wear it for halloween coming up! I am following you on GFC, FB, and Bloglovin'! I look forward to seeing more future posts from you. I hope you can come by my blog now too and let me know what you think and follow back. ^_^

    Blessings,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. You look sooo CUTE, I want to pinch you!!
    >o<

    XOXO

    http://www.phieselphie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love your look and outfit!!! Sooo cute!! Can you please tell me where you got that dress??? Im in love with it and want to get it! Thanks so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  49. u dropped ur cards
    might want to pick them up

    ReplyDelete