ScentedCandleShop Review

By heylinni - 12:05 PM

This is one post that is LONG overdue! Firstly, I want to apologise to the lovely ScentedCandleShop who got these awesome products to me so quickly, from halfway across the world! And a huge thanks for understanding the delay in this review. They were so accommodating and relaxed with my situation. :)


So David from ScentedCandleShop actually messaged me last term about collaborating. They let me choose whatever products I wanted from their online store, found here, for up to £30.00! Since I'm operating in AUD, that is heaps and even better, it didn't include the shipping costs either. So I managed to make up a list of all the different wax candles/melts that sounded absolutely divine to me :) I definitely have to say that in all my blogging experience, this shop has had the best communication and quality of service so far! 

ScentedCandleShop is a large online shop located in the UK, that sells a huge variety of anything to do with candles. I honestly could have spent all afternoon just browsing their site and being fascinated with the delicious sounding scents of the candles. They have an amazing range of brands and types (over 2500 types!) such as Advent candles, aromatherapy candles, floating candles, jar candles, memorial candles pillar candles etc etc. I swear, there's probably a candle for any occasion. Their recommendation on their site is to start by taking a look at the Yankee Candles, Price's Candles and Colony Candle's, 'which offer the biggest and best candle fragrances around!' 
The shop has super low prices, for great quality candles and offer Free First Class Delivery when you spend over £40.00. Maybe if you're interested, you could combine your shopping cart with friends to save some money on shipping, because you can actually get heaps of candles with 40 pounds worth :) 
If you want to find out more information about the shop itself, feel free to contact them at 0845 4 300 705 (9-5pm, Mon-Fri), Facebook page, Youtube, or just their contact us page. I've also had a look at their 'testimonials', and I'm really seeing some positive responses such as: 

 You see? It's not just me whose totally appreciative of their service and fast delivery. 

So I received a huge BOX of products from the shop. All in all, I ordered 4 Wood Wick Wax melts, 4 little votive candles, 4 Yankee Wax tarts, 2 colony/colonial wax tarts, a cappucino chocolate melt AND a crystal candle burner. SO MUCH for just 30 pounds! The price range for each of the melts is around 1-2 pounds. In addition, I placed the order and received these only a week after that. 


*Just a head's up, to use these, you need to have a candle burner, which can be seen later in this post. 
These are by far, my favourite products in the package. They cost £1.79 each and come in a whole range of different scents. These are definitely best return for money, in that they contain around 4 pieces each packet, and each piece burns for 8 hours. You can see what this looks like later in the post. Also, I liked that each of the different scents were coloured to suit that fragrance. It added an extra touch to the candles that just made them more appealing. I chose the scents: Sea Salt Caramel, Bakery Cupcake, Paradise Blue and Havana Nights. 
I've only actually used Sea Salt Caramel so far (experience is down below in this post), but I can smell the rest, even outside of their packaging, because the smell is so strong. 
Sea Salt Caramel is very rich, but it's a little hard to describe. I reckon the packaging describes it best, stating that it is composed of 'the scents of slowly caramelised sugar and fresh cream sprinkled lightly with sea salts'. I can definitely detect a little salt in there! 
Bakery Cupcake is my brother's favourite. It smells exactly like a sweet cupcake bakery, and reminds me of sweet breads! The description reads, 'a sweet treat of moist yellow cake topped with rich butter cream icing'. Mmmm, beware though, this one can get you really hungry and craving for a sweet treat. It's also a very heavy and rich fragrance. 
Paradise Blue has a much lighter, beachy smell to help you relax and feel like you're in paradise. It is described as 'an aqueous blend of tranquil waters and calm sea breezes with touches of jasmine and musk'. I can't say that I can smell the floral scents, but it definitely is very light, sweet and refreshing. 
Finally, Havana Nights is another water-inspired scent, that reminds me of the beach and paradise. It is very faint, and basically just freshens up the atmosphere of the room and helps you 'escape to a steamy summer night in paradise with the scents of rich tobacco, black orchid and a whisper of fresh lime'. This one is really overpowered by the other melts so it's good for just adding a hint of fragrance in the air. 


These are the temptations votive candles made of paraffin wax, which I ordered 4 of. However, I ordered three of them for my mum because she loves candles. They're very cheap at only £0.99 which I thought was great, because they burn for up to 15 hours. These are very small (5cm high x 4.5cm diameter) but very strong-scented. I like their little description as the wrapper. Also, the names of these sound so yummy and fruity like this 'Passion fruit and nectarine sorbet' one. Another votive candle that I'd recommend is the 'White Tea and Ginger' candle which is absolutely divine!! 

Yankee Candle Wax Tarts - http://www.scentedcandleshop.com/online_store/yankee_candle_wax_tarts_1186.cfm

I found the Yankee Wax Tarts quite novel as they have these odd sounding flavours like 'Candy Corn Wax Tart' or 'Fluffy Towels'. They range from around £1.20 - £1.25. I love scrolling through this series and trying to imagine what all these crazy labels would actually smell like. I received the Soft Blanket, Loves me Loves me Not, Pink Lady Slipper and Pink Sands wax tarts. As you can see, I've already used the 'soft blanket' one, and if you're curious, it's got a vanilla, homely smell which provides great comfort. It burns for 5-15 hours on a wax tart burner (i.e a candle burner) I also really like images on the candles, they look so cute

Some detail on the other Yankee Wax Tarts:
Loves Me Loves Me Not: This epitomises that daisy, youthful smell. It really smell's EXACTLY like fresh flowers in the garden, and brings back memories of childhood ;)

Pink Lady Slipper: This one is also very flowery, just like a flower bed. I really love the scent of this candle as I find it has the right balance of sweet but not intoxicating.
    Pink Sands: I also love this scent. It's got an odd mixture of citrus, flowers and vanilla, which really should not work together, but surprisingly it does! Also, that picture on the wrapper is so idyllic :)

    Colony/Colonial Melt - http://www.scentedcandleshop.com/online_store/colony_wax_melts_1319.cfm

    I find that the colonial melt collection is a little more fruity and less milky. These two have a similar, very strong scent which is EXTREMELy citrus-y. They both cost only £0.99 and burn for up to 5-15 hours. It exudes a powerful summer scent so it is optimally utilised in the hotter weather, to remind us of cool, fizzy drinks :)

    Cappuccino Chocolate Wax Melt - http://www.scentedcandleshop.com/online_store/temptation_wax_tarts_1332.cfm

    This was the only candle which I am not quite warmed up to. I expected a lot out of it because who doesn't love the scent of chocolate? However, it's got a very odd smell and isn't appealing to me at all. I wish it could have been a little more chocolatey. We've all got different tastes so you might like it though... give it a go and decide :) (it costs £0.99)

    So those were all the candles I ordered! In addition to those, I needed something that I could use to melt them! Therefore, I decided to buy the oil and tart burner for only £8.99. It's got a very beautiful, crystal design which I felt looked very classy on my table. Here's the box it came in; it was very well protected and was perfect in condition. 
    And now to try out the sea salted caramel wax melt! 
    For these Woodwick wax melts, you need to peel off the top sticker. This is a good packaging system as it allows me to reseal the package when I'm finished with one block of the melt.
    The melts can be broken into 4 pieces and really look like blocks of chocolate! I'm so tempted to eat one, because it smells soo good as well (though it is advisable not to!). Just using one piece per time is enough as it will burn for up to 8 hours.
    Then all you do is place the block on the glass plate of the wax burner. This sits above the candle holder (it doesn't come with a candle though so you just need to buy ordinary tea lights) and melts as the glass surface becomes hot. The melt piece then becomes that oily wax and emits a strong fragrance around the room :)
    And that's all there is to it! It's easy to use and fun to play around and choose different 'flavours'. Definitely check this site out if you're interested in interior design/ redesigning your room because these add a touch of personality and sweetness. I found that these were awesome for relieving stress and I used them every single day when I had exams and assessments due. BIG THANKS to the ScentedCandleShop team for sending these to me! 
    Oh and also, did you notice that I've started making my pictures HUGE? What I love, when I go on other blogs, is that their photos are big and clear to see, so I decided to try that out with this blog as well. Tell me what you think of the new development :)
    Thanks for reading!!
    xx Heylinni 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic


    Please remember to like my Facebook page for daily updates about my blog!!

    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    Also, please be sure to check out my online shop

    • Share:

    You Might Also Like

    66 replies

    1. It looks great! You asked me for following, but we followed each other for a few month ago. (I followed you:)) Now I liked your FACEBOOK page. If you have time please like mine. THX! xx

      www.shineonsilver.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love Yankee candles^^

      http://vodka-vain.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
    3. i love me some nice scented candles. :)
      havana night sounds so nice and this melting one is so interesting too
      Happy Weekend
      www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. mhmm im so excited to use that one! i havent yet though :(

        Delete
    4. Great post! Sounds interesting!
      Maybe we can follow each other? Just let me know!
      xx
      Sarah

      ReplyDelete
    5. Wow I love candles! These candles sound interesting especially the melting one!

      www.sweet-honeydew.com

      ReplyDelete
    6. Your blog is so cute ahhh! I followed you on GFC, you can return the favor at manicpixiegirl!
      <3

      ReplyDelete
    7. First of all thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Sure we can follow each other, I like your blog very much! Followed you via GFC and Bloglovin. I would be happy if you follow me back! :)

      Have a nice weekend! :)
      a-fashionable-rendezvous.blogspot.de

      ReplyDelete
    8. This was such a nice and lovely review! I really like aroma therapy, it really is great! And the candles and wax melts are actually very cheap! I will check this store out! Thanks for reviewing <3

      Neko Bunny U=・ x ・=U

      ReplyDelete
    9. I love Woodwick and Yankee Candles! Woodwick are fun because they crackle as they burn like a fire!

      -- Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

      ReplyDelete
    10. I love candles, especially during summer, when I'm watching a drama or reading a book at my appartement x)
      All of them look so good!
      I'm especially curious about the "backery cupcake" smell!

      Thank you for your comment on my blog!
      I follow you now :D
      You're blog is really pretty (>w<)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. i agree! the bakery cupcake candle is exactly how a cupcake might smell :) its anazing ^_^

        Delete
    11. - I have followed you sweetie, follow me back? :)
      Fashion gets Fierce.

      ReplyDelete
    12. Those candles look really cool! And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog btw!
      I am following via GFC now and I'll be waiting for you too! Stay in touch!

      xo
      Yujin
      La Celestials

      ReplyDelete
    13. You have a great blog!!

      Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blog and let me know where you follow and I will follow back right away!! :)

      Love
      Charu
      http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

      ReplyDelete
    14. Hi, Rachel! Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog (you're so pretty!)

      I love candles & I vow once I get my registered nurse license and find a job, I will fill my house with pretty candles. :D I especially love the Scentsy candles, but I've never been able to afford them. They're kind of like these Woodwick ones you reviewed (:

      I followed you on GFC & BlogLovin. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. thank you !! good luck with your nurses license :D

        Delete
    15. I actually really love the packaging for these candles - so different and innovative!!
      Thanks for your comment on my blog - yeah I'd love if we could follow each other on Bloglovin, I've followed you and hope you'll do the same?! :)

      http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/

      x

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. yeah that's one of my favourite things about them.
        and sure thing

        Delete
    16. I love burning candles! Yankee and Woodwick are my favorite!

      <3 Shannon
      Upbeatsoles.blogsot.com

      ReplyDelete
    17. Hi Rachel,

      What a fantastic review! Worth every second of the wait.

      :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much for the great experience~

        Delete
    18. Terrific suggestions, I love scented candles. these sounds amazing! Following you with G+

      ReplyDelete
    19. Hi! thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! ♥ Of course I wanna follow :) I´m your follower on Bloglovin, G+ and GFC. Hope you can follow me back! would you like to follow each other on Instagram? Let me know! @karianzoategui
      xoxo
      www.letsdochocolate.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    20. Personally, I think Yankee candles are the best! :D

      xox Ingrid
      http://www.styleprosciutto.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. yeah i love the yankee ones, but the woodwick ones are my personal fave :D

        Delete
    21. Such a great review,
      Love Yankee candles,
      I need to try out that soft blanket and pink sand

      Thanks for your comment on my blog,
      I'm following you via GFC and Bloglovin
      hope you can follow me back :)

      xx
      Amira
      www.amirahayupratiwi.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    22. Bakery cupcake & you're so lucky to have a collaboration with such a good brand.
      Thanks for sharing this post. Would you like to follow each other
      via GFC, Bloglovin & Google+? Lemme know!

      X
      http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

      ReplyDelete
    23. The candle burner seems really interesting! I changed my URL and it would be great if you could follow back ^_^

      http://clothespinshanging.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    24. I don't burn my candles enough. These look and sounds strangely yum


      Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. haha you should do it more, it's surprisingly calming

        Delete
    25. Hi Raych, can i know what happen to your tumblr? :O

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. i changed my url to www.racheylinni.tumblr.com :)

        Delete
    26. Im obsessed with yankees!!
      ♥♥ lovefromsimmie.com

      ReplyDelete
    27. great review! the all look and sound amazing.
      xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    28. such a lovely post! just followed you on gfc and bloglovin :)
      stay in touch
      bohoyoho.blogspot.com
      x

      ReplyDelete
    29. Such a beautiful post ! I really love the scent of this candle as I find it has the right balance of sweet but not intoxicating.

      Thanks !!!

      ReplyDelete